There are a few things about husbands that you must know. It doesn’t matter if you are newly married or if you’re a seasoned mama who’s been married for years. You just need to read this.
This post may or may not have been inspired by the awesome ladies and gents in my life.
Men are NOT like women. We all know that, but for some reason, we expect them to be like us. There are certain things about them that just are. You cannot change it. Just like, we are ‘just women’ and there is no changing that because, we will be as we are. Period.
For all the time you wondered why your husband doesn’t understand or feel the way you do, and for all the times you wished he would change… I have to tell you this, because my life really changed after I accepted these ten things in my husband. This is the reality. It is not just my husband. It is husbands in general. This applies to all the hus-beasts out there.
So… about men, in no specific order… Please consider this.
- They don’t have your hormones.
- They don’t have your ‘experience’ (to have your wisdom).
- They cannot feel the baby kick (to feel your pain).
- They don’t have antennae on their heads (to read your thoughts).
- They are NOT from Mars. (Yes, they’re quite normal)
- They are not built for scrubbing dishes or changing diapers. Ask them to paint the nursery or change the quilt cover instead. (It is their body, not them!)
- They cannot understand tears. Usually they misunderstand them. (It is in the brain!)
- They cannot find their stuff if you don’t give them directions. It is more possible that you are bad at giving directions than they are bad at taking them. (Brains..)
- Sometimes, you just have to ignore them. Practice the art of ignoring. It will make your life than break it.
- They need to sit on that couch and stare at a screen. Like they will choose a seat in a corner at a restaurant while you choose one in the middle… Like that. Like we need to chatter to our hearts content and get it off our chest? Or have to have that shoe or purse or sweet nothing… Like that. So… Deal with it. Let him stare into his screen. They do even more unmentionable things so this one should be acceptable.
That’s all. There are, I am sure, quite a few more words of wisdom that you can add but these are the must know basics that all women should know.