This printable Star Chart for kids has been our favorite for years. Whether it is potty training, recording milestones or rewarding good behavior, star charts are every parent and teachers’ most powerful tool!
Reward charts teach children that their efforts are appreciated. It encourages them to try harder. They want to cooperate because they want more stars. Kid look forward to winning and proving to you that they can do it.
Do star charts really work?
The star chart that I am sharing today, I have used this for potty training, transitioning to big kid beds, eating by themselves, doing chores and a whole lot of other purposes.
I made this for my eldest when he was almost 3 years old. He was ready to potty train but wasn’t showing interest. I would tell him every day that I was proud of him, but it was not having that effect. Then I made this chart and gave him a sticker for every time he went to the toilet. By the third sticker, his confidence was boosted. He was potty trained in three days!
Rewarding good behavior with stars is much better than giving them an negative attention like an ‘X’ for something they have done wrong. Never dishearten a child. It is a sad thing to do!
Star Charts are a positive parent’s favorite tool to encourage children. I have seen this again and again with my four kids. Whether it is brushing their teeth or trying hard to contain their anger, kids are working hard on those little skills. It is really a BIG deal when you remember to do something. The golden glittery star (or even a pink, red or blue one) is precious! Every time they stick a star or color a blank one, it shows them their success.
My children are 12, 7 and 5 years old now. They still have a Super Hero Boy and Super Hero Girl charts in their room that they use time and again.
This Super Hero themed Star chart for kids is more powerful because it leads the child to a Super Hero. Them.
It shows them that they overcame that obstacle. They beat up their fear to do what they couldn’t do. Just remember to talk to them and encourage them with sweet kind words too. <3
Super Hero Star Chart for Kids
What you need:
- Super Hero Printable
- Paper A4 size
- Laminating Pouch (optional)
- Laminator (optional)
- Stickers/ dot markers
How to Download:
- Get the Printable by clicking the download button above. You will be directed to a form. Fill it in and check your inbox for the download link.
- Click the download link to download the .ZIP file to your computer. (Please note: Your tablet or phone may not be able to extract the ZIP file.)
- Select if you need a boy or a girl Super Hero. Use Adobe Reader to open the PDF document on desktop. (Get Adobe Reader from here if you don’t have it.)
- Print the Star Chart for Kids poster on A4 size paper. (You can print other sizes by adjusting the settings in Adobe Reader.)
- You may laminate the Chart, frame it or use it as it is.
I hope you enjoy using our Super Hero Star Chart for Kids!
Pin the image below to Pinterest!