50 Greeting Card Ideas For Toddlers
One of the best way to get kids to show their gratitude and love for family members is to make home made greeting cards and gifts. Today I have examples of 50 Greeting Card Ideas for toddlers to make. I hope these inspire you and your child to make kid made birthday cards, Father’s Day, Mother’s day and thank you cards easily.
My son loves making thank you notes and greeting cards for everyone who visit us or give us gifts. We often make birthday cards and show up with decorations for them too. When my son was a little baby, I would make those cards for him and stamp his hand print on it. As he grew older, I would let him scribble whatever he liked. As he grew, he learnt to cut, fold or make more sensible pictures. Our family loved his gifts and would appreciate the effort he put into those items. They would often show those off in their home or collect them as memories. Watching her brother, my toddler makes her own cards and gifts now. She is only 2yrs old. Although many of those aren’t really great but she is so cute when she gives them off.
NOTE: Some of the links below may be affiliate links.
Birthday cards made by toddlers
Making cards with kids isn’t difficult. It just takes a little bit of imagination. We often plan an idea but sometimes when we sit down to make a card, our minds are blanks. We just let our imaginations run with what we think the recipient would like. We have created ‘hugs with handprints’ to ‘keys to our hearts’. We love ‘cakes for birthdays’ but I think my son has gotten bored of them now.
Here are a few things that can help you when making cards with kids:
- Always have craft material like card stock, crayons and paints, etc in stock.
- Collect all your material before hand. Kids don’t have patience and they may get excited while you are working. It always helps to have everything in one place. So you can be attentive at the time.
- Don’t work when you have distractions. Our 3-5pm slot is one time when my kids are often restless. I have found that if I am going to get up for a phone call or to feed the baby then it will be very difficult. We now work when the baby is asleep and with the phone switched off.
- Don’t work when they are tired or hungry.
- Explain to them what you are doing. Even toddlers understand little steps. I always break things into 3 steps for our toddlers. It works so well with everything that we do.
That said, go ahead and enjoy crafting and creating cards with your little one. I asked a few of my blogging buddies to share some ideas that they have tried with their kids. I have also scoured the net looking for fun greeting cards kids can make.
BUY MY BOOK; PDF VERSION HERE
50 Greeting Card Ideas for Kids
1. This simple Fingerprint Father’s Day Card for Dads is so cute.
2. For a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle themed birthday card for a kid, try this fun footprint birthday card
3. Fingerprint Christmas Card. Another simple fingerprint idea to make a string of lights.
4. Mono printed Mother’s Day card is a fun idea when you don’t want kids to touch the paint.
5. This Father’s Day card is a good way to practice scissor cutting, pattern making and gluing.
6. This simple Patterned Paper Card is fun. Help your child turn their artwork into a memorable keepsake card.
7. This Toddler made card is made quick and mess free and uses stickers.
8. Here is something that is enticing literacy.
9. This is a shining star card made for a dad using tin foil.
10. See this Valentines Day card made using a printable pattern.
11. Here is another idea for Christmas cards and thank you notes made by toddlers using the original gift wraps they came in.
12. Make these fun balloons for a Birthday cards with thumb prints idea.
13. These adorable keepsake Grandparent day cards made with kids handprints and pictures of the child.
14. See this Flower art cards using real flowers.
15. Make a Mother’s Day card that gives a hug … well almost.
17. Flower card for preschoolers using cupcake liners and fresh flowers.
18. Turn your children’s favorite pic into a coloring page for a Thank you card made by preschoolers and toddlers.
19. This fun Teddy Bear Thank You card is made by a 2 year old.
20. Try this finger print stamped card for Minion lovers.
30. Have a Lego lover? Here are 5 ideas for a Lego themed Birthday Card made for Lego lovers.
31. Here is a DIY Mother’s Day Photo card idea that you can make quickly. Cutit out and ask your child to put it together.
32. The best Thank you cards are those that show that the child enjoyed the gift. Snap a picture or two and send these cards.
33. Check out how this momma used Dollar store supplies to make 125 cards for various occasions.
34. See how these babies made Rainbow colored cards. I love how simple the idea is!
35. Here is another similar idea to make Polka dot cards.
36. Don’t know what to do with your Children’s art ? Make cards like these.
37. For weddings, try this fun card made by tots.
38. Try this Puffy paint card using home made puffy paint that is sure to be a favorite with the receiver.
39. This Valentine’s day Photo Cards is so adorable! Definitely a keepsake for memories.
40. Adorable yarn cards kids can make here.
41. Piecing paper together to make these cards.
42. Tea cup cards made from egg cartons to invite for tea.
43. Button craft greeting cards.
44. Paint with tooth brushes for a card.
45. Use old calendars and stick colored paper inside for simple cards.
46. Make photo invitations for any occasions.
47. Creative super simple ideas for Fathers’s day here
48. Lots of ideas here for homemade cards for kids to make.
49. Turtle themed cupcake liner card. It is so simple and fun!
50. A very hands on art and craft project thrown together to make this Mother’s Day card. Kids will love this.
For more ideas hop on over to our Pinterest boards:
Kids love making cards. With all these great ideas I see some wonderful cards being made in the future. Thanks for sharing!