Years ago, I started Jeddah Mom as a place to record my mommy adventures and before we knew it, it had exploded to reach thousands of people around the world. I want to thank you for reading my little blog. I am very grateful for you and all your love and trust. Welcome!
Jeddah Mom started off as a mommy blog in 2006, where I talked about raising children through gentle positive parenting methods. I wrote about everything from feeding baby solids to potty training toddlers to getting preschool ready to chores, screen time and quality time with kids.
I am a mom to four children born 2007, (2009-2011), 2012 and 2013. My kids are in middle and high school now, but back then I had babies. As a expat trailing wife, I needed a place to make sense of my chaos and life as a mom from Jeddah.
I shared with you my love for Islam and motherhood too. As a Muslim first, and everything else after that, my posts reflected my Islamic upbringing. Because as a Muslim mother, it’s a struggle trying to teach children to love God. Learning about Islam is a life-long thing… I will be the first to say that. But as a mother, I am sure you too will agree, that it’s my responsibility to show my children the way to God and His love.
Through my journey of teaching my kids, my blog became my online diary as I shared all that with you here.
Jeddah Mom’s Mission:
My mission with Jeddah Mom is to help mothers feel capable and empowered in their homes. Whether it is taking care of your home, educating your child or finding time for yourself for your own growth and future, we can help you.
As a mother of 15 years, I have learnt that a good mother does not serve, she leads. Our job as mothers is to teach our children to be confident and capable in doing things for themselves so they can go out in the world and be little ambassadors of our families and culture. They need all the dreams, tools, encouragement and training we can give them to do extraordinary things in life.
Here on Jeddah Mom, I provide mothers with tools like the Calm Confident Children’s Bundle, that is designed to help mothers introduce positive parenting skills in their homes. I preach gentle parenting with a passion, because I believe, that before your child learns anything else, they should learn that mommy and daddy love them and they are their biggest supporters.
My main resource on Jeddah Mom is the Happy Kids – Goal Setting for Parents Course that hand holds mom and dads into creating a practical home environment where children are encouraged and happy to be responsible and doing their best at home and outside.
I believe that every mother is “more than just a mom“. If you are the one in your home looking after everyone’s needs and making all the day to day decisions, it is about time that you showed up like the boss mom you are.
My signature course that I teach only mothers is called Life Planning for Moms. It is one of a kind, life management system for mothers that helps them plan their life, set some wildly big, hairy, goals and then go after them to achieve it with confidence.
Where to begin
If you are new to Jeddah Mom, and wondering where to start, let me share with you some of my most important posts to help you get to know us better.
- How to set up routines for babies
- How to introduce solids to babies.
- How to keep your child in a car seat.
- How to potty train your toddler.
- How to set up your preschoolers routine.
- Example of routines for school children
- Example of Summer time routine for kids
- The best educational resources and online websites for kids.
- 70+ ways to craft and play with kids.
- Giant list of free ABC printables for your preschooler.
- An age by age guide to introducing Salah to children.
- How to teach your little child to love Salah.
- How to encourage your boy to go to the mosque.
- How to make reading Quran a daily habit in your home.
- How to teach Quran to a reluctant child.
- Example of stay at home mom routine.
- Example of work from home mom routine.
- How to make cooking easier when you have babies and toddlers
- Kitchen hacks that save you time in the kitchen.
- The first step before you menu plan a meal.
- Clean your home in 30 minutes routine.
- How to find time to read books and do courses.
- How to be more productive with your time.
- How to set goals to be an intentional and confident mother.
- How to set monthly goals as a mother.
- Why mothers need a life plan too.
- 7 ways happy moms raise confident children.