I can’t believe February is over… already. Did you feel it passed too quickly too?
‘So what’s new around here’, you ask? Well, as you can see, I have a really bright red and flashy template now. So much for the white, clean look. I just had it with it! Blogging is about having your own personal space on the internet… your place should reflect you… invite you to write. White wasn’t inviting me to write… actually, it was inviting me to think right… there was nothing exciting about it. I have read all those blogging articles about everyone talking about how inviting and proffessional a clean, white, simple template looks. I agree with you, it does look clean… also boring. There has to be that ‘kick’… it wasn’t there. Now this… this is exiting. Ofcourse, you are never to believe that I will not change my mind and go find a white one… I am Gemini… to the core.
Right! Let’s start with this month’s stats and what all I accomplished.
February Blog Report
- Facebook. I have almost doubled my likes from last month. Almost that is, just need 10 more and I am double. It is ofcourse possible that I may have doubled already because I haven’t checked all morning.
- Twitter. I have more than doubled my likes and have had some real fun there. It is a 150% more followers than last month there and I have met quite some interesting people and made some friends too. I think I like twitter. It is spontaneous and happening… hmmm.
- Bloglovin. We are slowly moving somewhere there and only because I haven’t had a chance to be on it.
- StumbleUpon. I made my SU account in 2008 and I have no idea what I was doing all this while but suddenly, I rediscovered it. It is a blogger’s best friend and one of the best places to find like minded people and really interesting ideas for your blog. Hmm… yep, have a decent following there for a starter but I am still learning the ropes around it.
- Google+. Can I give up already…. please? I am still confused there. Okay so I haven’t given it as much time as I should have but… it is really confusing. May be I need to take a few step backwards, read the manual again and then press the reset button a couple of times before I get it. Ummm hmmm… may be I should do that.
- I did manage to write three post per week except this past week. I wasn’t really home much to write this week. I think I like this frequency in posts. Just three posts a week is perfect. It gives my readers enough time to read and that builds my readership, I feel. I get enough time to write, promote, research and take photos (not exactly in that order).
- My readership has increased a lot lot, thankfully. I am not quite sure what I did right but I think it is basically the promoting and also, that I have started adding keywords for each of my posts. My pictures are better labelled too.
- One thing I learnt this month is that the best time for me to write is on weekends. That editorial calendar thing really works. This coming month will be the biggest challenge.
- I have been on a couple of linkies and the traffic from them was erratic. Some of the linkies worked, some didn’t.
- I have been blog-hopping a lot and discovered some really awesome blogs and I thought I found my tribe earlier in the beginning but well… I am still adding them on and off.
That was for the month of February. Yes, I have enjoyed blogging in February. Didn’t get much crafts or tatting or crochet done but, I did sit around typing while the babies napped or slept.
Goals for March
This coming month… March… hmm… I don’t know what to expect or plan because I will be going in for my surgery on the 3rd. It is supposed to be a big surgery and we are all very scared about it. I will not be online for quite sometime but, I have lined up and scheduled my posts to go on even in my absense. I have never done this before and I am really anxious if this will work. I have read and heard from other bloggers that this is pretty easy. Hmm… well, until you hear from me or in next months blog report, I guess, I can’t tell.
How busy was your February? …and… can you remember to pray for me please? I am not scared … just a wee little bit, may be… but I am worried about my kids. 🙂