Wow… April zoooooooomed by so fast!! I was still wondering when May would start and it is already 5days past.
So right on, what happened in April.
- In April, I wasted my time. Honestly, yes, that is what I really think I did! I have missed a post or two more than once and only 9 posts were written.
- I attended the Mom-Mom Conference and I have to tell you it was the best thing ever. Apart from learning a few things myself, what it really did to me was boost my confidence X times over. It is always so re-assuring knowing that there are women around the world feeling and doing exactly what you are. It is okay in whatever you are doing. We are after all always learning, always trying to be our best but when we fail, it is okay even then. We just have to get up, pat the dust off our bums, clap our hands and say ‘okay, throw it at me one more time.’
- At the blogging front, there have been only two things that I have really done that I guess count. One, I was reading everything and everybody around. Getting inspired, re-assured, learning, building on myself… it was great! Two, I have done, re-done and deleted and re- re-done and then edited some more and still stuck with my template. There have been nights when I stayed up past 2am working on it trying to figure out if I was getting older or if mommy-brains had really made me this daft! P.S: If you come here and see the template messed up or see the Simple template… please understand that I am in that state of mind again.
- On Social Media, ooooh! I am enjoying myself like never. Why did I take so long to do this? I am in love with too many platforms and have met so many fantastic people. People who can be considered experts at their game but really wow! you can learn so much here.
- The numbers, this month have stayed pretty much as last month because as I said, I was too bust wasting my time to go do any marketing.
- Two of my posts were featured. One of them was in February but I hadn’t seen the mail till recently.
- The most popular posts from this month are:
- Fishing Line in Crochet I talk about how to add a Rezi/Spenzi Line to your Crochet to stiffen the edges
- Self-Care After a C-Section I talked about how to take care of yourself after a C-Section
- Never Head EAST I Say All the things that you should never do when you want to save time.
It has already been 4 months since, I bought my domain and got serious about this whole blogging business. Two more months, and I would have completed six months of blogging. It is worrying me because I still have not gotten anywhere near to my goal.
‘What is your goal’, You ask?
Only that this blog renews itself on 28th December 2014 because I am not going to do it.
You see, all the business knowledge that I have is that assets build you up and liabilities require me to fund them. I paid for that domain and I am not going to do it again. Please, this is a hobby. I have too many hobbies. I can’t go around putting money into each one of them. The most I can do, is give it my free time although that free time is costing me hours off my original dream project and a lot of my family life too. So… this blog better earn that domain renewal fees for itself. Let’s see what happens. I am doing all I can to help it. Writing, marketing, helping it make a name for itself… anything that I can.
At the pace that Words n Needles is going… Will it be able to renew itself in decemeber? What do you think?