How to make an Origami Crow Puppet
In this post: Find how to make an Origami Crow Puppet craft. You can use this for story time or just as a kids craft activity. It is quick to make and a really fun puppet to play with!
This morning, my daughter wanted to make a bird. It brought back memories of Summer in India for me. You know… hearing the Kaaa kaaa… crows crying out and mango trees. Coincidently, we had mangoes at breakfast.
Want to Raise Your Children through Positive Parenting Methods?
Our Family Rules Chart will help you create a positive and peaceful home where children and adults treat each other with respect. Simply opt-in below to have it sent straight to your email inbox.
So yeah, I am a little home sick for the fact that we haven’t been on a vacation this year. We’ve just been at home doing various activities.
Get my kids summer schedule here.
My children love hearing stories with hand puppets. I love DIY puppets because they are the most fun way to engage a child. Just make a puppet with them together and then tell a story. They will be busy with it for a few days. It is a fantastic way to have some quality time and also make memories along the way! Not to forget the giggles!
Find a list of hand puppet ideas here.
Anyway, here is a step by step directions for you to make the Origami Crow Puppet. This puppet doesn’t go on your finger. Its not a hand puppet like that but you can move the mouth by moving it back and forth. Look at my stories on Insta to see how to properly hold it.
This crow was so much fun! Even my husband was amused this time! 😀
Origami Crow Puppet – Kids Paper craft
What you need:
- Black colored card
- Googly eyes.
How to make:
- Cut the black card stock in to a square shape.
- Fold along diagonally to make a crease.
- Bring the opposite sides together to make a triangle fold in the middle.
- Turn around and do it the same from the other end too.
- You will have a diamond shaped paper now. Fold it in half with the folded sides inside.
- Bring the pointed ends to touch the other end. (You’re folding it again)
- Cross one end upwards and the other end downwards towards the right. Crease it well and open.
- Cross the ends towards the left now and crease again.
- Now hold the edges and push backwards from you. The beak will come forward by itself. (it really helps to have card than paper).
- Add a googly eye on each side and you’re done.
I am in a hurry today so unable o edit the pics. You can see all the steps and pictures on my insta account. Will come back and edit later.
View this post on Instagram
Great post! I am actually getting ready to across this information, It’s very helpful for this blog.Also great with all of the valuable information you have Keep up the good work you are doing well..