Those have been my inspiration this month. I have completed six months of blogging professionally. That means, six months from being a SAHM to a WAHM.
Six months of trying to find a balance. We still haven’t found it but, do we ever? No matter how strong a mom tries, she will be judged, nothing will be enough but… it helps when you have a super supportive husband who picks you up every time, brushes that dirt off and says, ‘ Good try Sport! Next time crawl under the hurdle, don’t jump over it!’
This month, I have published only three posts. Only one out of these, was a real post. The other two were crochet patterns. I crochet when I am stressed. I write patterns when I am debating on what looks ‘perfect’ and what looks like it needs a little more ‘marinade’. You know what I tell myself all the time?
1. The monetizing worked. I made my first few dollars through Adsense. They are very few but they are there.
2. Started a new venture: affiliate marketing. Guess what? This blog earned its life for next year. We have enough in all from the marketing and the ads to get us our renewal and the tools that we were dreaming up. That means I have won against myself.
3. Amazon is disappointing. ‘Stay at it girl!!’ is what everyone says to me. I have had 8 clicks and no sale!
5. My viewership increased by a 1000 pages every day! No kidding! I’ll come back and tell you what I did right when I figure out went right.
6.I have been enjoying myself on fb! I love love my community.
7. Oh my Pinterest!!! ‘Never under-estimate the power of Pinterest’ is my new motto!
8. Oh my Tweet tweet! Attended my first ever twitter party. No I wasn’t looking for any or planning but just happened to be there at that time.
9. Sverve is what? How Sverve, actually. I really don’t know why I am not working there. I should do something about it. I should.
10. First Klout Perk. MOO.com gave me 50 business cards. Thankyou MOO!
11. I was featured at The Supermom Club!
12. A few of my pins have gone viral. I didn’t know the meaning of the word ‘viral’ until we went 1000 folds over kind of a viewing.
I have no plans what-so-ever. Why? Because planning doesn’t work any more. What works is spontaneity. What really super duper works is to ‘jump and find your wings as you go down’.
Okay, seriously now… there are plans but only that I feel, I need to focus more on getting myself more organised time. The summer and the kids at home… I want more of my time to be spent with my kids. This blog earned it’s life for next year. There are some posts ready but then again I told you already,
I will not hit ‘publish’ until my heart echoes back every word that I have written.
So there I say it again ‘ I will not hit publish until my heart echoes back every word that I have written!’
This month I am linking up to the Ultimate Linky and blogging reports from other super blogs out there. If you are ab logger looking for inspiration or just support, do join us or check out these blogs. I am sure you’ll feel motivated, revived and ready to take on your next challenge!