Do you know what happens when you keep anticipating a future event? It never arrives… and you grow old waiting for it to happen! I have been waiting since January for my surgery. It was scheduled for March. It didn’t take place then and then it has been postponed on and off till June. You see, the decision had not been made. This month, I had it all planned. I even cleared my calendar so that I’d be free to have it over with. You know what? It has been cancelled. I am sitting here now, having no plans all through this month, as I let some really good opportunities go by. I am furious at my doctor for letting me down and wrecking havoc in my life but at the same time thankful too for being healthy. It is a lesson learnt now. I am never going to worry about the future ever again. Just live your life… every moment of it… what will happen will… solve it when it does, I say.
So how has May treated me?
Here are the key points
1. Joined the Kid Blogging Network. I am now part of a network of parenting bloggers supporting each other and standing by each other.
2. I have increased my Klout score from a mere 25 to 49! Not bad, eh?
3. I think I’ve figured out Facebook as a marketing and networking tool too.
4. Solved the Twitter block too.
5. This month, I took my first step towards monetizing my blog. We have AdSense now.
6. Took another bold step towards monetizing by joining Amazon affiliates.
7. My first ever Review too.
8. I was considering writing my first ever series too…. only it backfired. Better to write all the posts first and then divide them and schedule, I guess.
9. The top three posts this month are:
- Are You Ready For Potty Training? If you have two or more kids under two, should you potty train the oldest/older ones?
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Ban The Internet For Your Child. In the internet age that we live, if your children are always stretching their limits, should you ban the internet and what effect it will have if you did.
- Carseats And Car Trips: Are You Struggling with Your Child? All the reasons why your child doesn’t sit in the carsear and what you can do about it.
My plans for June.
1. Burn my bridges so that I don’t think of quitting again.
2. Jump first… find my wings as I go.
3. Stop worrying about next month.
That’s all folks.
Do you know what’s bugged me the most this past month? Insecurities. I have been reading a lot of people, visiting a lot of blogs and looking at a lot of styles. I have been blogging for eleven years and I keep wondering why I didn’t get serious about this whole blogging thing earlier? I should have… never mind that I didn’t, because now, I feel so in competitive too. Then, I got a chance to get away from the internet for a few days and talk to myself. I realized that I am just nervous about silly things. Why am I looking at those blogs and thinking ‘oh she is so good. I am nothing like that’. I am really nothing like that! She is she and I am me. We are different in every way. Her blog is her journey to parenthood. She is struggling with her own problems and I have my own. My reason to blog is different from hers. Our lives are different… hobbies are different. When nothing about us is the same then why am I even comparing myself to her/ them at all. God bless them in all that they are doing. I am as unique as each one of them. I have my own style, my own way and this is my blogging journey in my own words. I should just go back and find that passion that made my buy this domain and that passion that makes me want to write.
So right… hopefully, I’ll remember that and hopefully I’d also remember that I do this for love of all things me!
Hmm… so what do you do when you feel down and sad?