Vacation and Shopping Theme – August Goals
We have a Summer Vacation and Shopping theme in August here. Since the summer is in full bloom here in the GCC and both Nabs and I are still in vacation mode, we are talking exotic destinations and family travel. Of course, with the fantastic offers and sales everywhere, we are shopping for the Back to School season too.
Want to Raise Your Children through Positive Parenting Methods?
Our Family Rules Chart will help you create a positive and peaceful home where children and adults treat each other with respect. Simply opt-in below to have it sent straight to your email inbox.
My family is taking a virtual tour everyday. With the Olympics going on, it is the perfect time to teach the kids more about geography and culture. We are learning about different countries, what there is to see there and little stories and tales to know more about the culture.
Aside, I am also looking for a rejuvenating vacation with my kids close by. Of all the years that I have spent in Saudi Arabia, I don’t think I’ve ever had a summer that has seemed this long. Can you believe my kids schools open at the end of September?! That is after Eid ul Adha. ?
That brings me to the Hajj season here. As the pilgrims start pouring in, I am teaching my little children about Hajj and what it is. For them of course, it will be only Eid al Adha as we are not performing Hajj. We will also be sharing crafts, recipes and articles about Hajj this month.
My goals this month are few:
- Stay cool. The summer is really hot or it seems hotter than ever…, I can’t decide.
- Fly somewhere. Hook or crook! Have you ever been this desperate?! I really want to escape the heat before the school starts. Anywhere, really.
- Craft, create or cook something new together as a family. I am bored. I am sure you can tell that by now… At the moment I have a dozen projects in progress and I am suffering from OCD every time I see new idea. If you know how to deal with that, please tell me. It is a good thing the kids aren’t too dependant on their mom. They seem to be enjoying the summer in every way.
- Declutter the paperwork in our home. I am assigning 10 minutes every morning to declutter and file away. It is essential that before the new school season begins, I get over our paper clutter. So far… things are slow. I hope, I can discipline myself into this new routine so that I will have everything in neat folders at the beginning of September.
- Launching Jeddah Mom!! :: Drum roll please:: I am really excited to tell you that I am officially crowning myself as ‘Jeddah Mom’. To find out more… stay tuned! There is a lot of excitement happening here. Details in a post of its own.
That’s all folks. This post today is part of my Monthly Goals. Hop on over to see what my mom friends are talking about in August.