The news from baby land are as follows.
On 18.2.08, I wrote:
1. D has finally found his hands and he now knows that he can pull, push, hit and suck with/at them. That means mommy has to be as alert as her sleepy self can be.
2. D made a trip to Madina the previous week and believe it or not he actually said his own salam… yes, DaddyZ and Nanu were as surprised as anyone around when he started his aghoon aghoon as soon as he reached the place. And this time too, he did not cry at the mosque.
3. D has also learned to clap and clasp his hands and … he finds it funny.
4. D likes to sit in mum’s lap while she blogs… and kick, bang and push at the table (with all force )while she types so that she keeps moving to and fro from the table.
On 03.03.08, I write:
- D has learned to roll over on both his sides and also learned to roll back on to his back again. Which means, he rolls around and can roll over or off anything.
- D has learned to move forward on his tummy too.
- He grabs his toys, kicks Lalu Bear and Bholo Bear and loves to wrestle with Mickey in his akhaada (wrestling ring) which happens to be his crib too.
- He now makes conversation and shows interest and curiosity in his surrounding.
- He now understands when I am funny and doesn’t smile or laugh bas yunhi.
- He shows signs of anxiety when away from me or his father and this we realised when Z was away for two days. D wouldn’t even smile and he showed lack of interest in sleep or food.
- D has begun to wean. I can’t actually say that he has begun to take solids ’cause what he is eating is quite watery. I have started him on Rice cereal as his first real meal and I gave him 1spoon of cereal in 4ounce of water which I am gradually increasing to make it to 5spoons of rice in 4ounce of water. The first week I gave him 1:4 on alternate days to make sure that he doesn’t develop any allergy to it or get constipated. This is week two and we are having 2 spoons in 4ounce everyday followed by a drink of water. I am still worried that he could get constipated due to high iron content of rice cereal and lack of much fibre.
That is about it.