Are you looking for a fun Five Pillars of Islam Activity? These printable puzzle cards are perfect for home and school activities…
Can your children skip count? Whether you are getting them ready to learn about Ramadan or anytime through the year, these DIY puzzles help children practice skip counting while learning about the Five Pillars of Islam.
These math themed activities are simple, fun and easy to put together. Children learn about Ramadan, Islam, the Muslim belief and practice a bit of math along the way.
I am in love with my laminator these days. It is one the best investments that I have made this year. I bought it for the special purpose of creating kids activities. My kids are really happy to be getting up each morning and finding a new activity waiting for them.
This Ramadan activity is about teaching children about the Five Pillars of Islam and at the same time learning to skip count and sequence. I have made six puzzles that help children to learn :
- The Five Pilars of Islam
- Skip count in 2s
- Skip count in 3s
- Skip count in 5s
- Skip count in 10s
- Skip count in 100s
There are quite a few ways to play with these cards. You can give them one puzzle at a time and use it to discuss the picture or they can concentrate on the math activity.
What are the Five Pillars of Islam:
Muslims believe in the Five Pillars of Islam which means they have 5 things that make up their religion.
- Shahadah: Proclamation that there is one God and that Prophet Muhammad is the last messenger to be sent by God.
- Salah: Which means prayer. A Muslim must pray 5 times a day.
- Sawm: Fasting in the month of Ramadan.
- Zakat: Which means compulsory giving of charity from your earning.
- Hajj: Pilgrimage to Makkah (in Saudi Arabia) at least once in a life time.
Muslims fast in Ramadan because it is one of the fundamentals that makes up their religion. When you teach children about Ramadan, I hope this activity will help you explain to them what the Five Pillars are.
FIVE PILLARS OF ISLAM COUNTING CARDS ACTIVITY
What you need:
- Five Pillars of Islam Puzzles printable
- Cardstock or paper
- Laminator( if you are using paper)
How to prepare:
- Download the PDF by clicking on the button below. I will send it to your email address.
- Open the document in Acrobat reader.
- Print the pages that you need on cardstock or paper.
- If you intend to use these puzzles for a long time, it is best to laminate them.
- Cut the strips and place in a zipper bag or a plastic box and label it so your child knows where they are.
- Offer the puzzles to your child and teach them how to skip count in 2s, 3s, 5s, 10s and 100s.
I hope you enjoy these puzzles with your child. If you are on Instagram, tag me at @JeddahMom and use the hashtag #jeddahmominspired so I can see you enjoying my activity too! <3
Related: Get my Hajj Activities for Kids Pack here. Ramadan Activities Ebook here.
Multicultural Kid Blogs is proud to be hosting its fifth annual Ramadan & Eid for Kids blog hop, where bloggers come together to share ideas for teaching kids about and honoring Ramadan & Eid. Don’t forget to check out our blog hops from last year, 2017, 2016, and 2015. Be sure to follow our Ramadan & Eid boards on Pinterest for even more ideas!
A Crafty Arab: Ramadan Indian Food Word Search Plus Book Review
Family in Finland: Moroccan Harira Soup
AlizehmySoul: How to Celebrate Green Ramadan – One Step at a Time!
Multicultural Motherhood: Ramadan for Preschoolers